Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Striped hat

I started Christian's striped hat/scarf set yesterday. I started with the hat. I knit the entire thing, and when I got to the end, I thought, "This is ridiculously small. There is no way this will fit any baby." Then I looked at the ear flaps which looked like a normal size. Then I looked at the top part again which is way small. Then I re-read the pattern and realized I (in)conveniently neglected the line which says "work 20 rows more" before decreasing. Ah. So basically I have to do the ENTIRE thing except the flaps over again. I am thrilled as you can probably imagine. Anyway, here is a picture of the colors at least:


It looks a little more "funky 70's kitchen" than I intended, but oh well. (Actually it will look right at home in my kitchen...)

I also have a complaint about the pattern. Another hat pattern in this book (Adorable Knits for Tots) has age sizes, 6-12, 1-2, 2-3, etc. This hat not only gives no finished measurements but is also listed as "small, medium, large." Okay, well without measurements or age suggestions, how am I supposed to know which to choose? I ended up going with medium judging by pictures of other Ravelry finished projects. But seriously, that's just stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment