Monday, December 19, 2011

Lovebug Sweater finished!

My first real pattern!


I will definitely be getting better pictures of this to add onto the pattern itself. I'm also going to make another one for Michael in the 6 month size. (This is for Christian in the 18 month size.)

Some things I love about this (aside from the fact that it's my own pattern!):
1. It has stripes, my favorite.
2. Hoods are awesome.
3. The short sleeves and DK weight cotton yarn will make it nice for spring.
4. The edges are all hemmed, including the hood border, and all have the contrast color inside:


5. The bottom part of the neck edging is grafted together with a 3-needle bind-off and then splits off into the hemmed hood border. I am really excited about the finished look:


I'm in the process of actually writing the pattern and will be testing the 6 month size (and hopefully perfecting the pattern/correcting any mistakes) as soon as the yarn arrives. After that I will be looking for pattern testers and hopefully eventually release the pattern for sale, probably $5, through my Etsy. Yay! I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment