Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dress finished

I finished my dress last night! I ended up doing a small bust adjustment, making a muslin to try it out (which came out great on the first try), and then adjusting the bodice. (Would have finished the dress Friday for sure, but I got sick, bleh.)





There are still a few places it doesn't fit 100% perfect, and I don't know that I would make this again for several reasons. Mainly I don't really like strapless dresses - why did I make this? I don't know, I thought it would be cute. It is, but I'm going to worry that it's going to slip down all the time! Also the boning is fairly uncomfortable. I might be able to flatten it out a bit more, but I kind of wanted this as a semi-casual dress, and boning doesn't exactly scream comfort. Lastly the lining seems to slip up and poke out the top at times which is annoying. Overall I like it. It's not for a specific occasion, so I don't care that it's not perfect. Hopefully I will actually wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment