Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hera socks

Skew is now my go-to pattern for "plain stockinette" socks.  I like variegated hand-dyed yarns, but I don't like using complicated patterns with cables with anything other than semisolid or solid yarns.  So Skew is a nice alternative.  It's not as boring as a plain stockinette sock, but at the same time it is basically a plain stockinette sock, just skewed!  The odd angle and unusual construction makes it a little more interesting to knit.  This is the third time I've knit Skew (Rare Parrot and then a redo of the same were the first two), and I'll definitely be using it again.

For this pair, I used the yarn I just recently dyed, called Hera.  The dye came out really nice, especially knit up all skewed!  I also like the coincidental mirrored blue blob areas above each toe.  I'd have been done with these much, much sooner had I not gotten sick and been totally out of commission for about 2 weeks.  I think I knit about a quarter of one sock in one week, which is like snail knitting, haha. 


Next up, Selbudeath! I'm doing them blue and green, so hopefully skulls look good in those colors.  It seems like it should be black and another color, something more morbid, ha.  But we'll see how it goes.

[edit, 20 minutes later] Changed my mind on Selbudeath.  The colors are just not skully enough.  I've decided to go with Durmstrang instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment