Thursday, March 11, 2010

First post :)

So I thought I would make a knitting blog so I can blab about my knitting and not bore all of my non-knitting friends on livejournal, although all my non-knitting friends are still welcome here as well if they really care about the day-to-day details of what I am making...Richelle's fiance referred to me as the Mistress of Knitting, and I got a kick out of it, so that's who I am now!

I recently finished up all the stuff for Kelly's baby shower and (after whipping up a pair of fingerless gloves for Kimmy) started working on stuff for me again, at least until the baby is here!


Knucks from Knitty.com, with Patons Decor


I finished off my mismatched purple striped socks, using yarn leftover from other socks.


My own pattern (just a generic sock with fun stripes), with KnitPicks Palette


I pulled out my CableNet socks and actually managed to finish the first one.


CableNet from Knitty.com, with KnitPicks Palette


Unfortunately my hands are not up to the task of intricate little cables on size 0 needles these days, with all the typing I do by day and all the knitting I do by night. (It's not easy being the Mistress of Knitting.) So the CableNet socks went back into hibernation. I have been working on them on and off (mostly off) for just over a year now and I have a single sock done and about two inches of the second sock...Will they ever be finished? They are really quite awesome, but they are also a huge pain, literally.

So I decided to start on a pair of Very Tall Socks, also from Knitty. You know I love my kneesocks, and these are way-over-the-knee-socks :) I'm using some KnitPicks Wool of the Andes and Cascade 200 that I have left over from baby stuff. I have to buy more of the Wool of the Andes, but the color I need is out of stock until March 25, so I may have to start yet another project in the meantime, depending on how long what I have left lasts me.


Very Tall Socks from Knitty.com, with KnitPicks Wool of the Andes and Cascade 220.


And I'm looking forward to a big sale at Cozy Cabin coming up next week so I can stock up on more Cascade 220 for longies and soakers for my niece or nephew!

1 comment:

  1. I def. understand cable socks going into hibernation! Ask my changeling socks! lol Congrats on the new blog! I'm the first follower and I am sure many more will follow!

    ReplyDelete