Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Collar started

I should have taken pictures of the finished body before I started picking up stitches for the collar, but I didn't so you will have to use your imagination. The collar in the pattern is a long strip of stockinette knit separately and sewn in. Because Gina wants buttons and stockinette would roll inward, making buttons a little weird, I decided to pick up stitches and knit a 3 x 1 ribbed collar. (The ribbing on the bottom of the body is 3 x 1, so I decided to keep it consistent.) So far so good. I even remembered to pick up the stitches with the right side facing!

I think I am going to ditch the Gartini. It's kind of lame to make underwear out of wool, and I'm just not all that thrilled with it. I don't know, I liked it at first, but I am just not that impressed with how it has turned out. I should have thought of that before I bought the clips for it, but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment