Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Third batch of yarn

I was able to figure out how to use the swift a little better last night, and I got Mermaid all sorted out in a nice hank. I still have to fix Ink Stain, but I've been putting that off. I did 3 more skeins yesterday, and I have...I think 4 or 5 more to go. I ran out of vinegar though, so I need to go buy some before I can finish the rest.

The first one you may recognize as one I have dyed before: Irish Shamrocks! Yep, Katie's yarn came out so nice that it's an official colorway. This is fingering weight.

This one is aran weight. I think it's called Pansy, but it didn't come out quite as I had planned, and I don't know if the name fits. I wanted it to look like these:

This is how it came out.

And finally, another aran. This one is Gracie, very pink/purple/girly!

[update] Gina seconds the name Pansy, so Pansy it is!


  1. I like Pansy! And I love that my yarn made the cut! :) It is fabulous! I had it out last week because I wanted to start a pair of socks. However alas other things got in the way. So its making my stash brighter!

  2. Well as long as you get to admire it in your stash, it's doing its job, even if it's not socks just yet, haha :P Thanks!