Saturday, March 10, 2012

Quickest dress ever.

I took a trip to Joann Fabrics today and stocked up on all the notions I need for this dress and my wedding dress (managed to run out of gray thread for that one. Can't imagine how...). I also wanted to look for some fabric for a potential dress for Eric and Beth's wedding. I did get some fabric, but whether or not I'll use it specifically for the wedding, I don't know. It will eventually be a dress though, just not sure for what.

Fabric:


I also got 3 patterns, 2 of which were normally $18 but were on sale for $2 each! Sweet. I didn't even need them, but why not for that price. (Annoyingly, I probably could have gotten my wedding dress pattern too, but I already re-ordered it online and paid probably $10 for it. Oh well.)

I came home and got back to work. I'm not 100% happy with the ribbon I got because it didn't specifically match either of the greens in my sash, but it was more in between the two colors. So really it is still fine, but I wanted a perfect match. Oh well again. Anyway, I got the ribbon along the bottom of the dress done and then sewed the top and bottom together and added the bodice ribbon.

Here is a semi-closeup of the ribbon on the bottom (the stitching is absolutely terrible! Haha. You can't see it at all in the pictures, and it's probably not noticeable in real life unless you're right up on it, but I have no clue how to sew that ribbon on with a straight even stitch. It came out so wavy and wobbly looking, but I don't really care. I did the ribbon in purple thread which makes it all the more obvious, but oh well a third time.)


Here is the dress (obviously still unfinished) with the sash:


And here it is without the sash, with the bodice ribbon:


I may possibly finish this tomorrow. Zipper, straps (I already added the green ribbon to the straps), facing, hem. Is that all? I can totally pull that off. Three-day dress. Total piece of cake after that wedding dress. There are so many different steps to that one that I forgot how easy sewing a dress CAN be, ha. Up next, third attempt on wedding dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment