Monday, August 6, 2012

Garden Gate finished!

I finished the Garden Gate socks the other night!  Love how they came out.  Switching the MC/CC on the second sock really made them more awesome.  The details pop out in the opposite color so that the first sock looks like green on blue and the second looks like blue on green.  Some pictures:






Hard to get a good picture of them.

I've started a new pair of socks, Skew, using a hand-dyed yarn that I call Rare Parrot after this video:  You are being shagged by a rare parrot!  I laughed for days about that the first time I saw it, hahaha.

Anyway, here is what the sock looks like as it's being knit, kind of oddly shaped and weird.


However, when you put it on (at a completely different angle than you would expect from a sock), it looks like this, skewed diagonally:


The pattern is intended to show off hand-painted yarns, and I think it is fulfilling that intention admirably, ha.  I like them so far.  It's a piece of cake, but also you need to pay attention because you're increasing and decreasing all over the place.  The pattern suggests using magic loop or 2 circs because it would be something of a hassle to use DPNs, but I'm a rebel and don't care, ha.  It's not causing me any grief so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment