Saturday, August 18, 2012

Rare Parrot done!

I finished up my Rare Parrot socks last night.  They came out awesome.  I don't know if non-knitters can appreciate the oddness of the pattern, but suffice it to say that these are knit diagonally and that makes for a lot of very unusual techniques.  It also has a swirly kind of heel which is pretty cool.  Overall the end result is pretty different than normal socks, and I like it.  I would knit these again for sure.  Very quick and easy too, but requiring more attention than just plain stockinette socks.  






I've started a new pair of socks also, of course.  (Once I get back into the groove of knitting, I really get back into it...)  I'm working on Effervesce.  I'm using this gorgeous yarn I bought on Etsy a while ago from Gaia's Colours Fiber Arts when they were going of out business.  The yarn is Pales Sock, and the color is Dionysus.  I have been completely unable to get a picture of just how amazing the color is, but here is an okay picture I got of it a while ago.  (Trust me, the color is just so great in person.) 


And here is the sock so far, just past the cuff and barely started the cables.  These are going to be rough on the hands, and I may start an easy striped stockinette pair to work on when my hands can't cable anymore.  I should also note I'm using size 2 needles instead of size 1.5 which I don't have, and I'm making the smallest size.  I started making the medium size, but they were turning out way too big.  Hopefully these fit.  The only issue I have with the pattern so far is that I wish it was toe up, and the only issue I have with the yarn so far is that in this little bit of knitting I've done so far, there were already 2 breaks in the yarn.  Hopefully that won't be a continuing problem.  I can't even blame this on the cats as I just wound it yesterday and they didn't have time to molest it yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment