Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Holden's Billy

I finished the first Billy.  This one is for Holden, littlest nephew.  This is a 24-month size.  I think I made a mistake early on in the pattern because everything seemed to have gotten about 2 or so stitches off center, but I don't know, I looked through the beginning part where things went a little wrong the first time (since I have started a second one in the same size for Michael, medium nephew) and think it was my mistake after all.  I originally thought it was a minor numbers issue in the pattern, but who knows.  We'll see what happens when I get to that point again with #2.  If it still seems off center, I'll shift everything a couple stitches.  Whatever.  I still have to add buttons, but I think once I finish all 3, I'll do a big button-sewing night and finish them all at once.  Because sewing buttons is not my favorite thing.

Anyway, cute pattern. The raglan shaping, interesting collar technique, pocket detail, and lower back short rows kept it from being an extended stockinette nightmare. Really, the lower back short rows didn't add much length to the back though.  I probably could have done a few more, but it's cute nonetheless.

Pocket detail


I managed to finish this up really quickly, and I hope the next 2 go equally fast.  I gave myself a deadline of week per sweater to finish, and I got #1 done in about 4-5 days.  Although today and tomorrow will be kind of useless knitting wise thanks to the holiday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment