Sunday, February 23, 2014

Marshall finished!

I finished Aaron's sweater.  I've never done saddle shoulders before, so the construction was a little different than what I am used to.  I like the contrasting shoulders.  That was actually the reason I made this sweater.  We had seen a sweater like it somewhere and he liked it, and I said, "I have one just like that bookmarked to make you already!" So he picked out the colors, and while it's not what I would have chosen personally, I like the end result.  It's hard to tell in this picture where the shoulders look brown, but it's actually this weird heathered mix of like purples and browns and blues and I don't even know what all.  It mixes up really nicely though.  It's Knit Picks Swish Worsted, and the color is Lava Heather. 

It ended up being a close call with yarn amounts for the black, but luckily I had an extra ball of that from another sweater.  I ran out of black on the collar which gets folded down, so I just used the heather yarn for the inner collar and you can't even see. 


Anyway, I love the fit of this sweater for him.  This is the fourth sweater I've made him.  First was The Manly Sweater from Stitch N Bitch, which was my first ever sweater, years and years ago, back when we were still just friends.  I have no idea what ever became of that, but needless to say it was not the best thing I've ever made, ha.  I have also made Leo twice, and he loves them.  However, the fit of Marshall is just terrific.  We are both so happy with how it came out.  It looks great, it fits great, yay.  This is my favorite sweater that I have made him.


The only minor complaint I have is that it is a bit of a bore to knit.  It's a lot of just slogging through K4, P1, especially on the body...17 inches of that and no variation.  The arms were a little more exciting because of increases, but I didn't really enjoy it until I joined the arms and body for the yoke.  It really started moving along then.  I used size 7 needles, I think, so I mean, it's still better than Leo which I knit on maybe 4's.  Other than that, very, very happy with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment