I turned the heel on the sock! Yay! (Terrible picture, sorry)
Then not only did I run out of the darker yarn (which, again, I have to order and won’t be available until next Thursday, which means I probably won’t have it in hand for another two weeks), but catastrophe also struck in the form of a mysterious hole in the thigh! Yikes.
I think it was where I spliced two balls of yarn together, apparently not well enough, which then frayed and created a hole. Rather than take the time to darn the hole, which I attempted but quickly lost patience for, I decided to cut off the top part and re-knit upwards. Besides this way I get at least another day of knitting out of this sock before I have to put it on hold and wait for yarn!