Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I am crazy.

So I finished the body of the Ribbed Baby Jacket, and last night I picked up all the stitches for the collar. I know, you're thinking I probably picked up the stitches on the wrong side again, but no! I did it correctly. One weird thing I did was that instead of going down a needle size for the collar, I apparently went up a needle size, mainly due to confusion about what size needles I was actually using. But whatever. That does explain why the collar is going faster than I expected, ha. And it looks completely fine, so I'm just leaving it, especially since I only have about two more rows and the BO to go! I bought some fancy wooden buttons on ebay today, because I think that a nice brown wooden button is just what this earthy green sweater needs. There was no buttonhole in the instructions, but I just added one in there, no problem. I am pretty sure I am going to do a single crochet border around the bottom and the ends of the sleeves because everything is rolling up right now due to the stockinette stitch. I'm not the best crocheter, but I can handle a simple border now and again. Anyway, some pictures.

I'm a little farther along than this now, but here is what it's looking like. Still need to finish the collar and then sew the side and sleeve seams. Then probably the crochet border and then done!

And here it is all opened up, to give an idea of the construction. It's knit all in one piece, starting from the bottom of the back and then increasing for the sleeves. It's then split for the two halves of the front which are worked separately, decreasing again after the sleeves are done. Then the second side of the front is worked, and finally stitches are picked up around the collar and knit in ribbing. Then you sew up the seams at the sleeves and sides and stick it on a baby and take pictures. I haven't quite hit that step yet. (Pictures of baby, yes, hundreds. Pictures of baby in sweater, no.)

No comments:

Post a Comment