Thursday, July 15, 2010

New yarn, new project

Okay, the title is kind of a tease because I haven't actually started a new project, BUT I did get the yarn in that I ordered for Christian's new Zodiac Sleep Sack (minus the Zodiac). So I'll be starting that as soon as I finish this post. I'd wait to post until I had some of it to show, but Alex can't wait that long :P Here is the new yarn for that, Lion Brand Cotton-Ease in Cactus, which is not the color I was expecting. I thought it would be more olive-y green, but it's like this weird indefinable color, not brown, not sand, not green, not olive...just cactus, I guess? (It looks green in the picture, but I swear, it's this strange non-color.)


I also got some of the same yarn in Blossom for a sweater for Maddy, Kelly's niece. I won't be starting that right away, though.


Before I knew that my new yarn arrived today I took Twist & Shout out of retirement. I guess it's back on hold, ha. I want to see if I can get this sleep sack done by the time Kelly and Christian come home next week. No problem, right?

I have made a lot of progress on the baby blanket. I'm about halfway done, I'd say. It's hard to get a good picture of it because I can't flatten it out while it's on the needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment