Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sleeping Sack done...ish

It's all done except the zipper. I have to get a zipper and sew that in, which will be a pain judging by how much fun the original sleep sack was to sew a zipper into. Anyway. Kelly chose blue for the borders, and I really didn't think I was going to like the blue, but it came out pretty cute after all. Instead of I-cord around the neck and armholes, I ended up doing single crochet (the only crochet I know, ha) because the I-cord was looking messy with having 2 different colors. The cactus was showing through the blue, and it looked lame. The crochet is kind of jagged looking but not in a messy way. I like it better. I also decided to duplicate stitch a C onto the bottom for some more color. And this is how I learned that I suck at duplicate stitching, hahaha. I really don't think I've ever done it before, and I don't know if it was just the yarn or what, but I did not do a very good job of it. It really looks messy. Also the C that I charted out was supposed to be tall and thin but ended up short and fat, hahaha. I didn't take into account the different size of stitches from top to bottom and side to side. Oh well. Since it's just duplicate stitched on, I can take it off if Kelly hates it and/or if it's needed in the future for a baby with a different initial!

No comments:

Post a Comment