Thursday, August 5, 2010

Random

I have miscellaneous bits of information to share today, haha.

First of all, I finally got a new camera, which I forgot to mention in my last post! Yay. (I had an awesome camera which apparently had been banged around one too many times because when I knocked it off my ottoman this past winter, it finally gave up and died. I had been using Aaron's camera - exactly the same camera as my dead one because he is a copycat and got the same camera, although it worked out nicely for me! - since then until I could afford a new one.) This has nothing to do with knitting or craftiness other than the fact that I now will be taking even more pictures than normal in order to play with my new camera!

I finally made my way back up to String Thing Shop last night for the first time in a while. If I have something to give to someone, it makes me more motivated to make the drive. Otherwise I think, well I could knit at home without driving for a half hour each way...But I had sock yarn for Catherine for her blanket (which she was thrilled about, yay) and the yarn I dyed for Katie (which she also was thrilled about). Katie loved her yarn! Here is a picture of it after all dyeing and drying and stuff was complete, ready for sale/delivery to its new owner:


I also came up with the perfect name for my previously unnamed newly-dyed yarn. Gina said she wasn't creative enough to think of a good name but it reminded her of "ocean algae. Which is lame." Hahahaha. So that kind of floated in my head all day, and as I was listening to The Beatles (the inspiration for many of my yarn names - Helter Skelter, Dizzy Miss Lizzie, Strawberry Fields), the perfect name came to me. Octopus's Garden! It looks all underwatery, and that is one of my very favorite Beatles' songs, so yeah. Here it is, all wound up, along with Redhead Bedhead, haha.


I fell in love with some of the new yarns at STS last night. The Dream in Color Smooshy yarns? I love like every single color way. Gorgeous. Unfortunately my budget and general thriftiness (cheapskate-ness?) doesn't allow for spending $23 on one skein of yarn, so I didn't get any. Boo.

I haven't worked much on the Easy Baby Cardigan in the past few days, but here is a picture of it so far since I haven't posted one yet. (In the pattern, the hood isn't sewn together until the end, but I did it now because...I don't know, I just felt like it.) This really is a very easy baby cardigan!


And last night, I finally finished the back piece of Twist & Shout. It looks really skinny here, but because of the ribbing it's stretchy, so it will be bigger actually on. My gauge is perfect on this second try because it came out exactly the right length. It looks almost black here (at least on my computer), but it's a really dark purple.


I also just ordered yarn for a bunch of new baby sweaters and the final skein I need to complete my Swinging Stripe Cardigan. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. SPLURGE! You have been CRAZILY knitting for everyone else. Get the yarn and make something fabulous! If you don't get it for yourself who will?! :) And I have to say I've used smooshy and it is WONDERFUL! :) Thank you again for the sock yarn I can't wait to find the perfect pattern for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I was actually thinking after posting this...I did just make some money selling you some yarn, so...maybe I will buy some! The problem is deciding which one, because I can't really afford more than one and they are all awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete