Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I restarted the Playground Shirt. I started making this a few weeks ago in the 6-12 month size, but it seemed really small. This time I checked the finished measurements and compared them to some other sweaters I've made recently. It seems that the 1-2T should actually fit Christian better, and he'll be able to wear it longer. I don't know, I don't think he is a huge baby or anything, but these 12 month sweaters and now a 1-2T are fitting him fine...? Anyway, this pattern is cute, but it's a little confusing at points. I'm not entirely thrilled with how it's written up, and there are some mistakes or just confusing parts in the raglan shaping part of both sizes I have tried. Anyway, I finished the yoke and am onto the body.

I also started the first zombie doll. This is going to be more of a headache than I had hoped. I don't even know how to explain all my issues with this. First of all, it's knitted flat and all sewn together, which is annoying, but I think it's because of color changes and things like that. So that might be a good thing. I figured I would knit up the back of the torso on the guy doll and then be able to figure out what kind of color changes I wanted on the front. Because I want him to look like he's wearing a suit and it also needs to be "ripped" in places with green skin showing through. I knitted up the back piece, and this is going to be way bigger than I expected. Which is not a problem or anything, just a surprise. And still I don't know what I want to do with the front. Do I want to knit it in white and add sort of flaps of purple for the suit jacket? Do I want to knit it in purple and have white in kind of a V shape to show that the suit is open at the top and the shirt is showing through? Or maybe I should just do the whole torso in white and knit the suit jacket separately. How should I do the tears in the suit? I can duplicate stitch or do intarsia to add green patches to make it look like it's ripped and the skin is showing, but that works better if the suit is part of the doll and not a separate piece. If it's a separate piece, I can do the intarsia or duplicate stitching on the white shirt/body and I can do drop stitches in the jacket to look like tears...but that also entails basically knitting an entire doll-sized sweater to go along with the doll itself, which I would then have to restart in white rather than purple. I'm just not comfortable doing all this sort of pattern-less. Aaahh. I like having someone to tell me, do this and this and then this and this. I don't like having to figure it out myself. So this is a new and rather frustrating experience for me.

I also got some more work done on Kelly's sweater last night. I have four stripes finished, yay! (I need to do 7 and then the short ribbed stripe at the bottom.) So far so good.

I also located the googly eyes and added some to the uterus. It really does make it so much better, hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment