Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Three soakers

Amanda asked me to make 3 soakers for Ella a couple weeks ago. She didn't care what colors, but she said she likes blues and greens. I should have taken better pictures, because I did some amazing Kitchener stitching on these babies. But I was in a hurry to get them done and sent out to her, and I forgot to take detail shots. Oh well.




I've been kind of uninterested in knitting lately. I have nothing going on that I'm really all that excited about. in fact the only thing I have going on is the scrap socks. I finished the first one the other night. I'm not that enamored of it or anything, but it's not horrible. I think I would have liked it better without the variegated yarns mixed in, if it was just solids.

I haven't been in the mood to start the second sock though, so who knows when I'll get around to that.

I also made these pillow covers for my microbead pillows that were leaking beads. They match the bed now. What a huge pain to sew this fabric. It was a rayon/jersey/something else? blend, and it was so stretchy and rolled up so much at the cut edges. I was glad to be done with these. They look good (although the edges, which you can't see here, came out like crap, but I don't care because no one will see them), and the floppy pillows hold their shape better with the covers on. Also no more beads all over the bed. The two in the back are square, and the front one is more cylindrical.

No comments:

Post a Comment