I made some pretty good progress on my black and white dress.
Here is how the skirt looks with the black godets.
And here it is with the top and bottom attached and me trying to hold it in place, ha. (The left side is not sewn shut at all.)
I have made some more progress since these photos, including finishing the lining, making casings in the lining for the boning, sewing in the lining, adding the boning, and sewing shut the bottom of the lining. I basically need to add the zipper and sew up the side seam and add the last godet. I am not sure in which order this happens. I think the zipper is next.
I'm a little unsure of the fit right now. The top seems not too secure, but we'll see once the zipper is in what happens. It's hard to tell with the side gaping open.