Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hera

I decided on a name for the blue/green yarn I just dyed (from yesterday's post).  I was looking something up online and discovered that Hera, the Greek goddess, is closely associated with the peacock.  Her chariot was pulled by peacocks, and in a lot of the pictures I found, she is depicted with a peacock or with peacock feathers behind her.  So since the new yarn reminded me of my other yarn called peacock (never used that word so many times in one paragraph...), I decided to call this one Hera.  Here it is again:


I just finished up my redo Rare Parrot socks and am at a loss at the moment as far as what to knit next.  Probably more socks.  No pictures of the reworked Parrots since they are pretty much the same as the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment