Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Change of plans

I decided not to redo Selbudeath on bigger needles.  I liked the colorwork and the way the skull pattern looked, but I just wasn't enjoying the actual knitting.  I don't know why, but the chart bored me or something.  So since I was going to have to reknit the first sock and then knit a whole second sock and didn't enjoy the pattern, I decided to rip it out and use the yarn for something else.  (I should have taken pictures before I ripped the first attempt because they really did look good.  If only it had fit.)  That something else that I am using the yarn for is a pair of striped knee socks.  I usually do 6-row stripes on my socks, but I've gone with 10-row stripes this time.  I like the look.  I'm knitting two at a time, sort of.  Meaning not TAAT on one long needle, just knitting one for a bit and then switching.  I figured it would be easier to keep the shaping the same on both socks if I was knitting them in tandem.  I'm about to start the heel on both socks soon.  I really like these so far.


Black and gray striped knee socks?  Pretty much doesn't get any more "me" than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment